It has been almost five months since LANta implemented a complete restructure of the LANtaBus system on August 29, 2011. Last summer, LANta made every effort to make the transition as smooth as possible for our riders and community partners. Considering the magnitude of the changes implemented, we feel that the transition was a success.
The August 29, 2011 changes represented a comprehensive restructuring of the system, but many things stayed the same. The new routes were mainly constructed through new combinations of segments of existing routes. Also, most routes still operate between 5:30 AM and 6:30 PM with six routes extending into the late evening. All LANtaBus routes continue to operate either hourly or every half hour. While the restructuring represented a 4% increase in the amount of service provided on the LANtaBus system, it also established a route structure that we will continue to enhance in furtherance of the goals established in our strategic plan, Moving LANta Forward, over the next decade.
Over the past five months, the new routes and schedules have been continuously monitored and evaluated. Through running time and ridership data collected through our advanced technology systems, input from our drivers and comments from our riders, we generated a list of small fixes we feel will further improve the new routes. These changes will go into effect on January 30, 2012. These changes are listed on our website www.lantabus.com or you can call a friendly Customer Service Representative for assistance at 610-776-RIDE (7433). The changes that will be implemented are as follows:
- 101 All trip times have been adjusted. See new timetable.
- 101 Three Westbound trips leaving Easton will serve Bartholomew HouseMonday-Sunday.
- 102 All trip times have been adjusted. See new timetable.
- 102 Eastbound trips to Cedar View apartments have changed.
- 103 All southbound evening trips will have a slight routing change.
- 104 Late evening trip times have changed. See new timetable.
- 104 Peak period trips Monday –Friday will operate express between ATC and LV Mall.
- 104 Will no longer serve Regent Way and Bevin Dr. That segment will be served by 210.
- 209 Eastbound routing in downtown Allentown has changed.
- 210 Minor routing and trip time changes to trips serving Dalton St.
- 213 Trip time changes have been implemented. See new timetable.
- 213 Trips not servicing Snowdrift Rd. and Windsor Dr. will become Route 613.
There will be a combined timetable, 213/613.
- 214 All trip times have been adjusted. See new timetable.
- 219 All trip times leaving LV Mall have been adjusted. See new timetable.
- 323 Corporate Parkway will be served in the northbound direction only.