Current Employment Opportunities
The Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority is accepting applications for Office Clerk. To apply, fill out a LANTA employment application.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jason Polster, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The staff position responsible for the daily booking and payroll for the location to which the clerk is assigned. The duties include recording payroll statistics, daily booking, answering consumer information calls, selling tickets, counting fares and ticket sales, and assisting with customer inquiries.
Example of Duties
- May be responsible for assigning buses to LANtaBus operators during certain hours.
- Count farebox cash returns and responsible for the bank deposit of same as well as ticket money.
- Maintain daily bank deposit file.
- Responsible for daily processing of payroll of LANtaBus operators.
- Responsible for daily booking of operator assignments.
- Responsible for various reports and statistics as required.
- Communicate with Customer Service to supply schedules and service disruption alerts when needed.
- Working with employees and vendors for processing uniform orders and maintain records of employee uniform accounts.
- Keep a current log of lost and found items recovered from buses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in related work.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate office machines and coin sorting machines.
- Ability to handle personnel management problems.
LANTA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, LANTA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. LANTA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority is accepting applications for the Customer Service position. To apply, fill out a LANTA employment application.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jason Polster, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com by December 31, 2017.
The CSR works at the direction of the Customer Service Manager. Responsibilities include duties to assure that the most current information is provided quickly and correctly. Also serves as the key contact point within LANTA for its customers – those seeking to utilize the public transportation system (LANtaBus, LANtaVan, LANtaFlex, other services) or those conducting business with LANTA.
Example of Duties
The Customer Service Representative performs a variety of service support tasks in the Customer Service Department including, but not limited to:
- The sale of tickets and passes at the Customer Service window.
- Reception, greet customers/visitors and provide access to appropriate department personnel.
- Communicate with passengers via phone in a fast paced environment.
- Provide back-up for service information lines. Mail out service and marketing information as required (maps, schedules, procedures, etc).
- Provide knowledgeable service information to LANtaBus users (and potential users) including fares, hours of operation, eligibility criteria, registration procedures and so forth.
- Document all service related complaints, comments and commendations on appropriate forms.
- Help passengers navigate the LANTA website and LANtaBus application on mobile devices.
- Perform general clerical functions and provides support for development/marketing projects.
- Maintain LANTA public information systems including timetable distribution.
- Perform other duties that are consistent with the Customer Service Department vision and as may be assigned by the Customer Service Manager.
The conduct of many of the duties of this position may require field work.
- High School degree with a minimum of three years’ experience as a receptionist, telephone operator or customer service position.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills, able to effectively and appropriately communicate with LANTA’s customers. Must enjoy working with people.
- Ability to practice active listening, giving full attention to the caller, taking time to understand his/her requests or questions without interrupting and asking for clarification, when necessary.
- Knowledge of administrative clerical procedures and systems, such as database technology and other office procedures.
- Ability to read and understand bus schedules and timetables.
- Familiar with local street geography and the location of key community/employment facilities. Ability to work with maps.
- Must possess some basic PC skills.
- Spanish speaking is not required but will strongly be considered.
- Must have a flexible work schedule.
LANTA is currently accepting applications for Bus Operators and Maintenance Department employee. To apply, fill out a LANTA employment application.
You can submit your completed application by mailing it to:Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority 1060 Lehigh Street Allentown, PA 18103
or by dropping off the application during LANTA office hours. Faxed applications are not accepted.
LANta’s Application for Employment is online in 3 parts, all pages must be printed and completed. You can submit your completed application by mailing it to:
Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority 1060 Lehigh Street Allentown, PA 18103
Faxed Applications cannot be accepted!
|Application For Employment|
|Equal Opportunity Employer Form|
Check out our Linkedin page for additional opportunites by clicking on the icon below.