Current Employment Opportunities
Cleaner / Janitor
CLASSIFICATION: Union Contract Covered Position
DEPARTMENT: LANTA Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Director of Materials & Maintenance
LAST UPDATED: August 17, 2018
Cleaner/janitor duties will be house cleaning of buses, offices and shops as well as assisting others with housecleaning-type activities. The hours for this position are Tuesdays – Saturdays 4:00 PM – 12:30 AM. This is a union position.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Bus cleaning includes sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning windows, ceilings, dashes, on-board electronic consoles, seats, entry ways, and removal of waste and debris from the bus.
- Standard office cleaning activities such as window washing, cleaning of walls and carpets, light fixtures (cleaning and bulb replacement), bathroom cleaning, stripping and waxing floors.
- Trash removal and moving of furniture, boxes, parts etc.
- Assisting at parts desk with storing and removal of parts.
- Special cleaning and similar projects as required.
- Lawn work and yard cleaning.
- Operation of lawn equipment, power sweeper and floor care units.
- Good work experience or academic/technical school skills or performance.
- Capable of handling small power equipment.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and work on your feet for 8 hour shifts.
- Willingness to work.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Customer Service Representative
Title:Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Classification: Level I
Department: LANtaBus Rider Experience
Date Established/Revised: 11/28/2017
The staff position is the key contact point within LANTA for its customers – those seeking to utilize the public transportation system (LANtaBus, LANtaVan, LANtaFlex, other services) or those conducting business with LANTA. The CSR is part of the customer service team which assures the most current information is provided quickly and correctly, inquiries and registrations are processed efficiently and cataloged, and service delivery concerns are effectively handled at the proper levels. The CSR reports to the Assistant Manager of Customer Service.
Job Specification, Standards and Requirements:
- The sale of tickets and passes at the Customer Service window.
- Reception, greet customers/visitors and provide access to appropriate department personnel.
- Communicate with passengers via phone in a fast paced environment.
- Provide back-up for service information lines.
- Provide knowledgeable service information to LANtaBus users (and potential users) including fares, hours of operation, eligibility criteria, registration procedures and so forth.
- Mail out service and marketing information as required (maps, schedules, procedures, etc.).
- Document all service related complaints, comments and commendations in the database.
- Help passengers navigate the LANTA website and LANtaBus application on mobile devices.
- Perform general clerical functions and provides support for development/marketing projects.
- Maintain LANTA public information systems including timetable distribution.
- Perform other duties that are consistent with the Customer Service Department vision and as may be assigned by the Assistant Manager of Customer Service.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- High school degree with a minimum of three years’ experience as a receptionist, telephone operator or customer service position.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills, able to effectively and appropriately communicate with LANTA’s customers. Must enjoy working with people.
- Ability to practice active listening, giving full attention to the caller, taking time to understand his/her requests or questions without interrupting and asking for clarification, when necessary.
- Knowledge of administrative clerical procedures and systems, such as database technology and other office procedures.
- Ability to read and understand bus schedules and timetables.
- Familiar with local street geography and the location of key community/employment facilities. Ability to work with maps.
- Must possess some basic PC skills.
- Spanish speaking is not required but will strongly be considered.
- Must have a flexible work schedule.
TITLE: Service Planner
CLASSIFICATION: Level 3
DEPARTMENT: LANtaBus Rider Experience
REPORTS TO: Manager of Service Planning and Scheduling
LAST UPDATED: July 12, 2018
The Service Planner works at the direction of the Manager of Service Planning and Scheduling. Responsibilities include duties required to monitor the performance
and quality of LANTA services; develop and implement improvement plans for service and capital assets; and maintain and support the data system tools used by the Service Planning and Scheduling functions of the Authority.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Research and analysis of ridership patterns and service quality of LANTA services.
- Soliciting input from riders and community stakeholders regarding LANTA services.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of service plans and operating schedules,
as well as planning and implementation of LANTA’s passenger facilities and amenities.
- Assisting in the integration and analysis of data from various sources, including, but not limited to Automatic Passenger Counters, Automatic Vehicle Locators, fare boxes, and surveys and other technology systems used by the Authority.
- Assist with the data management of the Automated Transit Management System (ATMS)
system. Track ATMS performance, review date system to monitor system performance-On
time performance, riders per revenue hour, riders per revenue mile.
- Data processing and cleansing.
- Monitor accuracy and integrity of collected data and pursue necessary actions to remediate
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of LANtaBus Rider Experience and
Manager of Service Planning and Scheduling.
- Prepare new bus timetables and maps based on service changes. Coordinate for printing of
schedules and oversight of schedule dissemination/distribution.
- Prepare new bus stop sign installation orders to vendor. Monitor and track installation.
- Conduct research, analyze and recommend additions to fixed route bus stops. Prepare
running time analysis for projected schedule changes and service improvements.
- Coordinate with Land Use Planning regarding ridership counts at various transit centers,
transfer points and bus stops in system.
- Prepare annual fiscal year route operating report and service performance report.
- Preparation of quarterly reports for fixed route bus system for ridership, revenue miles and
- Conduct on-board passenger survey data and/or static passenger survey data. Analysis of
responded data to determine system performance.
- Prepare Geographic Information System (GIS) analysis of existing and proposed bus routes
as necessary in collaboration with service planning and land use planning staff.
- Respond to customer inquiries for feedback as applicable.
- The conduct of many of the duties of this position may require field work.
- High skill level in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Database software experience a plus.
- Strong aptitude with technology.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Detail oriented and a strong aptitude in statistics and statistical analysis.
- Ability to work well with co-workers and in cross-functional teams including members of
all departments of the Authority.
- Ability to deal with the public and represent the Authority in public settings.
- Project management skills and ability to work independently.
- Preferred Bachelors Degree in Urban Studies/Planning, Economics, Statistics, Civil Engineering or related field. Experience in mass transportation a plus.
LANTA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, LANTA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. LANTA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority (LANTA), headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania is hiring a paid Fall/Winter 2018 Intern for the LANtaBus Rider Experience Department. Interested students should e-mail a copy of their resume, by close of business on Friday, September 14, 2018 to Jason Polster, Human Resources Coordinator: JPolster@lantabus-pa.gov. Cover letters and references are encouraged.
It is envisioned that the intern will be responsible for assisting with the following projects:
- Evaluation and revision of route run times and service via transit scheduling and mapping software
- Scheduling transit service in preparation for January 2019 and June 2019 service changes
- Assisting with preparation and proofing for the January 2019 and June 2019 Operating Board Change
- Assessment of Talking Bus location announcements system
- Ongoing validation and improvement projects for the data management system
- Attending to Bus Stop Signage and Shelter Issues
- Rider outreach for targeted communities and bus routes
- Community outreach and other duties as needed
- Ride Checks of LANTA bus routes at various times of the day
- Other duties as assigned
Hourly pay is commensurate with level of experience and education.
The intern would work up to 40 hours per week between late October and early January. Our experiences with our previous interns have been positive, and they have been welcomed back to work during spring and summer breaks, as available. It is envisioned that if our experience this fall/winter is equally positive we would welcome back this year’s intern to work during spring/summer break, per his/her availability.
The ideal Intern candidate should be pursuing the completion, or have recently completed a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Urban Studies/Planning, Geography & Planning, Community & Regional Planning, Economics, Statistics, Civil Engineering, Mathematics, Gaming, or a related field.
Interns are required to have a valid driver’s license and their own reliable transportation for commuting and field work responsibilities.
Interested students should e-mail a copy of their resume, by Friday, September 14, 2018 to Jason Polster, Human Resources Coordinator: JPolster@lantabus-pa.gov. Cover letters and references are encouraged.
LANTA is currently accepting applications for Bus Operators and Maintenance Department employee. To apply, fill out a LANTA employment application.
You can submit your completed application by mailing it to:Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority 1060 Lehigh Street Allentown, PA 18103
or by dropping off the application during LANTA office hours. Faxed applications are not accepted.
LANta’s Application for Employment is online in 3 parts, all pages must be printed and completed. You can submit your completed application by mailing it to:
Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority 1060 Lehigh Street Allentown, PA 18103
Faxed Applications cannot be accepted!
|Application For Employment|
|Equal Opportunity Employer Form|
Check out our Linkedin page for additional opportunites by clicking on the icon below.