Current Employment Opportunities
Supervisor – Fleet and Facilities Maintenance
TITLE: Supervisor – Fleet and Facilities Maintenance
CLASSIFICATION: Level 4
DEPARTMENT: LANTA Maintenance
REPORTS TO:Director Fleet and Facilities Maintenance
SUPERVISES: Mechanics and Service Personnel
LAST UPDATED: May 16, 2016
The hours for this position are 7:00 PM – 3:30 AM.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The staff position with direct responsibility for the supervision of all mechanics and service personnel, and the scheduling of preventive and other maintenance of vehicles. This includes the evaluation of maintenance programs making recommendations for program revisions, making technical decisions relative to repairs and maintenance, handling routine personnel matters and training activities. The position also includes monitoring/scheduling of work at all LANTA facilities including the transportation centers, and supporting the Director of Fleet and Maintenance and Materials in the purchase of equipment and major repairs, and the monitoring of work at contractors that use LANTA owned vehicles.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Supervise all maintenance personnel for compliance with work schedules by being actively visible on the work floor.
- Use the maintenance information system to prepare work orders for all LANtaBus maintenance work including repairs and PM inspections. All work on LANtaBuses must be accompanied by a work order.
- Use the maintenance information system to schedule all LANtaBus preventive maintenance inspections, and bus engine, brake, and suspension overhauls, etc.
- Provide technical assistance / support to mechanics when necessary.
- Prepare maintenance worker schedules
- Review all completed work orders and completed PM inspection cards.
- Support the Director and the Inventory Specialist as to the proper parts stocking levels.
- Handle oil samples for laboratory analysis.
- Assist dispatcher with road calls and bus bookings, and the Director in the scheduling training programs and follow-up evaluation of same.
- Monitoring / scheduling of work at all LANTA Facilities.
- Support in the purchase of equipment and major repairs.
- Perform inspections / inventories at contractors using LANTA vehicles / equipment.
- Perform inspection of LANTA transit centers and bus stop amenities and communicate issues to LANTA tenants/contractors and LANTA management.
- Oversee work performed by fleet and facilities maintenance contractors.
- Perform daily/monthly fuel reports
- Perform monthly tire report.
- Assemble paperwork, pack up parts, and send out for repairs.
- Assist in all aspects of inventory.
- Perform monthly reports on storage tanks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma plus supervisory experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of purchasing practices and equipment / facilities systems.
- A minimum of ten years experience in a related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Strong aptitude with using computer programs, including Word and Excel, to organize and complete work tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with personnel, vendors and contractors.
LANTA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, LANTA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. LANTA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Any interested candidates can send their resume to Jason Polster-Abel, Human Resources Coordinator by email to email@example.com, or by fax to 610-435-6774.
LANTA is currently accepting applications for Bus Operators and Maintenance Department employee. To apply, fill out a LANTA employment application.
You can submit your completed application by mailing it to:Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority 1060 Lehigh Street Allentown, PA 18103
or by dropping off the application during LANTA office hours. Faxed applications are not accepted.
LANta’s Application for Employment is online in 3 parts, all pages must be printed and completed. You can submit your completed application by mailing it to:
Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority 1060 Lehigh Street Allentown, PA 18103
Faxed Applications cannot be accepted!
|Application For Employment|
|Equal Opportunity Employer Form|
Check out our Linkedin page for additional opportunites by clicking on the icon below.