Current Employment Opportunities
The Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority is accepting applications for a Customer Service Assistant Manager. To apply, fill out a LANTA employment application.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jason Polster, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
TITLE: Safety, Security & Training Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Level 5
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Administration
SUPERVISES: No direct reports; directs and advises the work of peers and other employees.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Safety, Security & Training Coordinator will develop and implement all related programs and procedures. The SS&T Coordinator will be the primary advisor to the Executive Director regarding issues related to safety and security.
- Continuously assess organization-wide training needs and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Develop and implement training plans for operations, maintenance, and administrative departments.
- Update training curricula on an ongoing basis to reflect new requirements, training methods, etc.
- Maintain updated database of employee training records.
- Act as instructor in training sessions when appropriate.
- Ensure training equipment is functioning and prepared when needed.
- Keep employees informed of available and required training.
- Assess effectiveness of training programs.
- Advise on provisions to minimize safety and security risks.
- Directly advise the Executive Director on issues of safety and security.
- Develop and enforce safety and security policies (e.g. accident reporting process and procedures).
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions.
- Collaborate with other staff to monitor compliance and identify and remediate safety and security issues.
- Oversee work of related contractors/outside vendors.
- Intervene and take steps to remediate unsafe activities or operations. Recommend disciplinary actions to department heads or Executive Director in instances of observed safety related infractions.
- Liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies and insurance providers on safety and security matters.
- Oversee ongoing drug and alcohol testing program.
- Oversee Worker’s Compensation program.
- Oversee Emergency Preparedness Program
- Five years work experience as a safety and/or training coordinator, trainer, or similar role.
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training programs in a corporate setting.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Familiarity with transit industry training, safety, and security issues.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong communication skills.
- Associates degree in Education, Training, HR or related field. Additional work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
- CDL or ability to obtain CDL.
The Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority is accepting applications for the Customer Service position. To apply, fill out a LANTA employment application.
Submit cover letter and resume to Jason Polster, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com by December 31, 2017.
The CSR works at the direction of the Customer Service Manager. Responsibilities include duties to assure that the most current information is provided quickly and correctly. Also serves as the key contact point within LANTA for its customers – those seeking to utilize the public transportation system (LANtaBus, LANtaVan, LANtaFlex, other services) or those conducting business with LANTA.
Example of Duties
The Customer Service Representative performs a variety of service support tasks in the Customer Service Department including, but not limited to:
- The sale of tickets and passes at the Customer Service window.
- Reception, greet customers/visitors and provide access to appropriate department personnel.
- Communicate with passengers via phone in a fast paced environment.
- Provide back-up for service information lines. Mail out service and marketing information as required (maps, schedules, procedures, etc).
- Provide knowledgeable service information to LANtaBus users (and potential users) including fares, hours of operation, eligibility criteria, registration procedures and so forth.
- Document all service related complaints, comments and commendations on appropriate forms.
- Help passengers navigate the LANTA website and LANtaBus application on mobile devices.
- Perform general clerical functions and provides support for development/marketing projects.
- Maintain LANTA public information systems including timetable distribution.
- Perform other duties that are consistent with the Customer Service Department vision and as may be assigned by the Customer Service Manager.
The conduct of many of the duties of this position may require field work.
- High School degree with a minimum of three years’ experience as a receptionist, telephone operator or customer service position.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills, able to effectively and appropriately communicate with LANTA’s customers. Must enjoy working with people.
- Ability to practice active listening, giving full attention to the caller, taking time to understand his/her requests or questions without interrupting and asking for clarification, when necessary.
- Knowledge of administrative clerical procedures and systems, such as database technology and other office procedures.
- Ability to read and understand bus schedules and timetables.
- Familiar with local street geography and the location of key community/employment facilities. Ability to work with maps.
- Must possess some basic PC skills.
- Spanish speaking is not required but will strongly be considered.
- Must have a flexible work schedule.
LANTA is currently accepting applications for Bus Operators and Maintenance Department employee. To apply, fill out a LANTA employment application.
You can submit your completed application by mailing it to:Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority 1060 Lehigh Street Allentown, PA 18103
or by dropping off the application during LANTA office hours. Faxed applications are not accepted.
LANta’s Application for Employment is online in 3 parts, all pages must be printed and completed. You can submit your completed application by mailing it to:
Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority 1060 Lehigh Street Allentown, PA 18103
Faxed Applications cannot be accepted!
|Application For Employment|
|Equal Opportunity Employer Form|
Check out our Linkedin page for additional opportunites by clicking on the icon below.