LANtaVan is transportation for people who need specialized service. It is a door-to-door, shared ride service, that is, no one passenger has exclusive use of the vehicle.
LANtaVan provides transportation for:
To find out whether or not you may be eligible, click here.
LANtaVan contracts with a professional transportation provider, Easton Coach Company, Inc, of Forks Township, PA, who provide transportation for you in fully accessible, 12 passenger vans.
To use LANtaVan you must first register, and then follow certain eligibility procedures with the LANtaVan office. Call 610-432-3200 or print the application form from this website to obtain the necessary forms.
A photocopy of a proof of age document must be submitted with the application. Details are included with the application.
Once your completed application has been received, you may be invited to participate in an 'in-person' evaluations where a judgment will be made on your eligibility. This is required of all applications for eligibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and for determination of the appropriate transportation mode for Medical Assistance Transportation under the DPW program.
LANtaVan operates during the same days and hours that LANtaBus fixed-route service is provided: Monday - Saturday 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. From Monday through Saturday certain routes operate into the evening hours until around midnight.
LANtaVan and LANtaBus services are NOT operated on the following holidays:
New Year's Day; Easter Sunday; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day; and Christmas Day. The dates for these holidays change annually.
Where can you go on LANtaVan?
LANtaVan transportation is available to and from most locations within the Counties of Lehigh and Northampton. Pennsylvania.
LANtaVans can take you to work, medical appointments, shopping, senior centers, visiting, movies, parks and recreational facilities, restaurants, LANtaBus bus stops, barbers, hairdressers, etc.
Scheduling Your LANtaVan Trip
LANtaVan provides more than 2,000 trips each day! You may call to schedule your Metro Plus trip up to 14 days in advance, and you may call up to 4:30 p.m. the day before you'd like a ride.
There is NO same day service provided on LANtaVan services
Once you are determined to be eligible for the service, to make a trip reservation, call Easton Coach at 610-253-8333 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Customer Service Representatives are available to take trip reservations 8 to 4:30 seven days a week.
To arrange a trip, tell the customer service representative:
- your LANtaVAN (formerly Metro Plus) ID number
- your name and address
- the date of your trip
- the exact address of where you're going
- the time of your appointment
- your approximate return time
The LANtaVan office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day but you can still call on those days to arrange service for the following day.
You must pay your fare with LANtaVan trip tickets which are sold in books. There are six tickets in a book. The fare for a one-way trip is one ticket. You may purchase tickets in person with cash, check or a money order (no credit cards) at the following locations. For more information on LANtaVan fares, click here.LANtaVan Office
1060 Lehigh Street
Allentown, PA 18103
LANta Metro Mart
635 Guetter Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018
LANta Easton Office
3610 Nicholas Street
Easton (Palmer Township), PA 18042
Lehigh County Fiscal Office
17 South 7th Street
Allentown, PA 18101-2400
Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center
1633 Elm Street
Allentown, PA 18103
Bethlehem Senior Citizens Center
720 Old York Road
Bethlehem, PA 18018
Rooney Building Senior Center
4 East 4th Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
St. Luke's Wishing Well - Main Gift Shop 801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem, PA 18015
Tickets may be purchased by mail from the LANtaVan Allentown office only. Please allow two weeks for delivery and include a self-addressed envelope with adequate postage.
Drivers cannot and will not accept cash on any vehicles. Drivers will not transport anyone without the proper fare. Tipping of the drivers is not suggested or permitted.
When the LANtaVan Driver Arrives:All LANtaVans (formerly Metro Plus) vehicles are clearly identified. The driver will arrive up to 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after a scheduled pick up time. You should be ready at least 15 minutes before the scheduled pick up time, and watch for the driver to arrive. The driver will wait for 5 minutes at a pickup location. You should have your ticket and your LANtaVan ID card ready for the driver.
Drivers, upon arriving, will knock on the door or ring the doorbell. If assistance is needed the driver will assist the passenger from the door of the residence into the vehicle. The driver may request family assistance when moving a passenger from or to the residence.
When transporting passenger in wheelchairs, drivers are only permitted to negotiate one step at the entrance of the residence.
Oxygen tanks for personal use are permitted on board vehicles but must be "tied down." Under no circumstances will "large" oxygen tanks be transported on Metro Plus vehicles.
Drivers will carry no more than 3 bags of groceries or other packages to the door of your residence.
Canceling Your LANtaVan TripIf you are unable to take your trip for any reason, please call Easton Coach as soon as possible so that your seat can be given to another person who needs our service. If possible, please give at least two days notice. Cancel your trip by calling our carrier, Easton Coach. We understand that problems may arise unexpectedly. However if a passenger continuously abuses these services, we will be forced to restrict future Metro Plus privileges. It is our policy that is a person does any of the following, transportation may be suspended:
- Cancels three (3) scheduled trips in a row with less than two (2) hours notice to the carrier
- Waves the driver on from his or her window or door without calling to cancel the trip
- Is not home when the driver arrives and has not called to cancel the trip.
- Cancels 50% of his/her regularly scheduled trips within a four-week period, and has not called to cancel.
A complete listing of rules and regulations and further explanation about programs and service is available here.
- Please report any safety concerns to the driver immediately
- Do not engage in unnecessary conversation with the driver while the bus is in motion
- Keep the aisles clear of obstructions: please close strollers and carts before boarding
- Adults with small children are to provide a car seat. State law does not permit the transport of children 8 and under without a securement device
- An adult must accompany young children on the bus and is responsible for their behavior
- When transporting passengers in wheelchairs, drivers are only allowed to negotiate one step at the entrance of the residence.
- Drivers will assist with no more then three bags of groceries or other packages from the van to the door.
- Pets are not allowed on vehicles accept for trained service animals
- Eating or drinking will not be allowed on the vans. Medical exceptions may be made with appropriate documentation from a physician
- Neither profanity nor abusive language/conduct will be permitted on LANtaVans vans, or when communicating with Metro Plus drivers or staff and may result in immediate suspension of riding privileges.
- Smoking is not allowed on vehicles
- Weapons of any type are not allowed on LANtaVans
- Radio/tape/CD/MP3 players must be equipped with headphones to be used on the vans
- Oxygen tanks for personal use are permitted on board vehicles but must be "tied down." Under no circumstances will "large" oxygen tanks be transported on LANtaVan vehicles
- Please remain seated while the vehicle is in motion
- Vandalism or graffiti on any portion of the vehicle is subject to fine or prosecution
- Assaulting the operator of the vehicle is a felony offense in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Icy or Snowy Weather
In icy or snowy weather, listen to radio stations WAEB (AM 790), WKAP (AM 1470), WODE (FM 99.9), for service bulletins, TV Channel 69 also broadcasts delays and cancellations. Or you can visit the front page and click on service alerts at http://www.lantabus-pa.gov for the most up to date information.
Applying for LANtaVan eligibility
To apply for LANtaVan service eligibility click here. You may be required to undergo an in-person interview and evalution to determine your eligibility for this special service.
If you have any questions please call LANtaVan at 610-432-3200
Copyright 2013 Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority (LANta)
Advertising on LANta
Site Support by: Koury Enterprises