Non-discrimination Policy and Procedure: Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987 (P.L. 100.259), Title II of the Americans with Disability Act, Environmental Justice regulations, and in accordance with applicable state and local laws: LANTA Transit grants all citizens equal access to its transportation services without regard to race, color or national origin.. If you would like additional information about this policy or believe that you have received discriminatory treatment by LANTA Transit on the basis of your race, color, sex, national origin, economic status, disability or limited English proficiency, you have the right to request such information or file a written complaint with the Executive Director at the LANTA Transit System, 1060 Lehigh St, Allentown, PA 18103 as well as with the Federal Transit Administration, Office of Civil Rights, Region III, 1760 Market Street, Suite 500, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Information may be requested at any time. The complaint must be filed no later than 180 calendar days after the alleged discriminatory incident.
For more information, LANTA Transit at 610-435-4052.
La no discriminación de Políticas y Procedimientos: De conformidad con el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964 según enmendada, y la Ley de Restauración de Derechos Civiles de 1987 (PL 100,259), el Título II de la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidad, la Justicia Ambiental reglamentos, y de acuerdo con las leyes estatales y locales: LANTA tránsito otorga a todos los ciudadanos igualdad de acceso a sus servicios de transporte, sin distinción de raza, color u origen nacional .. Si desea información adicional sobre esta política o cree que ha recibido un trato discriminatorio por LANTA tránsito sobre la base de su raza, color, sexo, origen nacional, posición económica, discapacidad o dominio limitado del idioma Inglés, usted tiene el derecho de solicitar esa información o presentar una queja por escrito al Director Ejecutivo en el Sistema de Tránsito LANTA, 1060 Lehigh Street, Allentown, PA 18103 as well as to with Federal Transit Administration, Office of Civil Rights, Region III, 1760 Market St, Room 500, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (610) 690-7100.. La información puede ser solicitada en cualquier momento. La queja debe ser presentada a más tardar 180 días después del incidente discriminatorio alegado.
Para más información, Contacto del Programa LANTA tránsito en 610-435-4052.
1. Any person who believes that he or she, individually, as a member of any specific class, or in connection with any disadvantaged business enterprise, has been subjected to discrimination prohibited by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, as amended, may file a complaint with LANTA. A complaint may also be filed by a representative on behalf of such a person. All complaints will be referred to LANTA’s Executive Director and EEO Officer for review and action.
2. In order to have the complaint considered under this procedure, the complainant must file the complaint no later than 180 days after:
a) The date of alleged act of discrimination; or
b) Where there has been a continuing course of conduct, the date on which that conduct was discontinued.
In either case, the Executive Director or his/her designee may extend the time for filing or waive the time limit in the interest of justice, specifying in writing the reason for so doing.
3. Complaints shall be in writing and shall be signed by the complainant and/or the complainant’s representative. Complaints shall set forth as fully as possible the facts and circumstances surrounding the claimed discrimination. In the event that a person makes a verbal complaint of discrimination to an officer or employee of LANTA, the Executive Director shall be notified in writing of the circumstances surrounding the allegation no later than the next business day and the complainant shall be interviewed by the Executive Director. If necessary, the Executive Director will assist the person in reducing the complaint to writing and submit the written version of the complaint to the person for signature. The complaint shall then be handled according to LANTA’s investigative procedures.
4. Within 10 days, the Executive Director will acknowledge receipt of the allegation, inform the complainant of action taken or proposed action to process the allegation, and advise the complainant of other avenues of redress available, such as the FTA.
5. LANTA will advise the FTA and/or WSDOT within 10 days of receipt of the allegations. Generally, the following information will be included in every notification to the FTA:
a) Name, address, and phone number of the complainant.
b) Name(s) and address(es) of alleged discriminating official(s).
c) Basis of complaint (i.e., race, color, national origin or sex)
d) Date of alleged discriminatory act(s).
e) Date of complaint received by LANTA.
f) A statement of the complaint.
g) Other agencies (state, local or Federal) where the complaint has been filed.
h) An explanation of the actions LANTA has taken or proposed to resolve the issue raised in the complaint.
6. Within 60 days, the Executive Director will conduct an investigation of the allegation and based on the information obtained, will render a recommendation for action. The complaint should be resolved by informal means whenever possible. Such informal attempts and their results will be summarized in the report of findings.
7. Within 90 days of receipt of the complaint, the Executive Director will notify the complainant in writing of the final decision reached, including the proposed disposition of the matter. The notification will advise the complainant of his/her appeal rights if they are dissatisfied with the final decision rendered by LANTA. The Executive Director will also provide the FTA with a copy of this decision and summary of findings upon completion of the investigation.
8. LANTA maintains a list of active investigations, lawsuits, and/or complaints naming LANTA that allege discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin. This list includes the date of the investigation, or the date the lawsuit or complaint was filed; a summary of the allegation(s); the status of the investigation, lawsuit or complaint; and actions taken by LANTA in response to the investigation, lawsuit, or complaint.
9. Contact for the Title VI administrative jurisdictions is as follows:Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights, Region 1760 Market St, Room 500 Philadelphia, PA 19103 (610) 690-7100__________________________________________________________________________
LANTA Title VI complaint Form
LANTA is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1984, as amended. Title VI complaints must be filed within 180 days from the date of the alleged discrimination. The following information is necessary to assist us in processing your complaint. If you require any assistance in completing this form, please contact the Title VI Coordinator by calling (610) 435-3562. The completed form must be returned to LANTA, Office of Civil Rights, Title VI Coordinator, 1060 Lehigh Street, Allentown, PA 18103.
City, State & Zip Code
Person(s) discriminated against (if someone other than complainant):
Street Address, City & Zip Code:
Circle one of the following that best describes the reason the alleged discrimination took place?
Date of Incident: _____________________________________
Please describe the alleged discrimination incident. Provide the names and title of all LANTA employees involved, if available. Explain what happened and whom you believe was responsible. Please use the back of this form if additional space is required.
Have you filed a complaint with any other federal, state or local agencies? (Circle one) Yes / No
Agency: ______________________ Contact Name:_____________________________
Street Address: City, State & Zip Code:____________________________________________
I affirm that I have read the above charge and that it is true to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.
Complainant’s Signature:____________________________ Date:________________________
Print or Type Name of Complainant
Copyright 2013 Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority (LANta)
Advertising on LANta
Site Support by: Koury WebSite Design